Camp Counsellor Training
- Our curriculum is developed in consultation with Subject Matter Experts and Program Partners.
- All regional training attendees received the Level 1 Certificate of Completion.
- Each 3-hour REACH Inclusion and Integration Training Program focuses on establishing the culture of inclusion and accessibility in leisure, recreation and sport.
- The following topics were covered: REACH Inclusion Model, Behaviour, Communication, Differing Abilities and Personal Care & Health.
- All attendees acquire specific disability awareness knowledge and learn a set of hands-on strategies to integrate Program Participants with physical and developmental disabilities.
- In 2017 REACH Program Staff trained 172 inclusion leaders across Ontario.
- We cover 5 regions: Toronto/GTA, SW Ontario, Eastern Ontario, Muskoka/Near North and Oakville/ Hamilton/Niagara Region.
REACH provides training on various platforms to camps and programs across Ontario. Training assists program staff in providing children and youth with successful integrated experiences.
Regional training: A multi-level, regional based training for senior program staff and supervisors. Focus on our core modules of inclusion, differing abilities, social/communication, behaviour and personal care. Offers a great opportunity to network with those in your region.
Pre-Program Training: Training provided onsite for all program staff. This training is customizable to be site and program specific. It is also designed to help address each individual programs questions.
Leaders-In-Training: An interactive workshop for volunteers and Leaders-in-Training to help foster understanding and conversations around the importance of inclusion and integration within programs.
We look forward to welcoming counsellors-in-training each year, as they learn the best practices regarding Inclusion and Integration in Ontario, through our professional practice and training.
Interested in becoming a REACH-trained camp counsellor? Contact Amy Kendall, Chief Education Officer, at: email@example.com
CAMP VOLUNTEER TRAINING:
REACH Participants, between the ages of 17-23 years, may have the inclusive opportunity to attend camp as a volunteer.